The COVID-19 outbreak presents a constantly changing environment and a recommendation made yesterday by the Centers for Disease Control will be resulting in a temporary change in our clinic accessibility. The CDC’s recommendation is to postpone all routine or not immediately necessary medical procedures which includes routine eye examinations. In compliance with this recommendation, we will be postponing all “routine” eye examinations for at least three weeks and/or until the CDC has changed its recommendations. However, we will continue to safely attend to the needs of patients who have urgent concerns such as:
- Blurred or sudden loss of vision
- Sudden increase in floaters or flashes in the vision or a curtain in the vision
- Eye Pain
- Red eyes / conjunctivitis
- Glaucoma, cataract, or other medical conditions that require ongoing monitoring
- Other problems or concerns with vision which are not routine in nature
- Broken glasses with no back up
- Out of contact lenses and no back up. We will provide free trial lenses if you experience shipping delays.
Please call with any questions regarding non routine visits
Glasses and contact lens pickups at the clinic will continue to be available and we will gladly bring them to your car if you prefer. If you are sick or are at high risk for COVID and are home bound, we can bring your items to your home or mail them to you. This policy may change depending on demand and impact of COVID-19 on travel.
At Complete Family Eyecare, our highest priority is the health and safety of our patients and our staff and we continue to practice our usual high standards of cleanliness as well as implementing extra sanitary measures. If you have a fever, sore throat, persistent cough, or have been exposed to anyone with these symptoms, please refrain from visiting the clinic.
We humbly apologies for any inconveniences that these policy changes may cause and we will continue to update our patients with changes as they arise.
Thank you for your understanding and best wishes to all of our fantastic patients during these difficult times.
Steve and Jennifer Reinders