On Saturday, February 20th, 2016, 787 brave plungers took the Polar Plunge Challenge to help support the Special Olympics of Minnesota, raising in excess of $185,000.
As part of team Life Time Fitness, Dr. Steve Reinders, owner and optometrist at Complete Family Eyecare and his daughter Isabelle braved the frigid temperatures and took a leap of faith (literally!), caught here on video for all of Prior Lake, Burnsville and most of Minnesota to see!
Check out more pictures on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/CompleteFamilyEyecareMN
You can read more about the Polar Plunge here.
From their website:
You’ve never jumped into frigid Minnesota waters in the middle of the winter? Well, we can help change that!
Each year, the Polar Plunge challenges thousands of brave jumpers at numerous locations around the state. It’s a great way for everyone—individuals, organizations and businesses—to get involved in supporting Special Olympics Minnesota. All funds raised go towards programming and events for more than 8,000 athletes statewide.
Raising awareness and helping support the community is one of Dr Steve’s passions. You will normally find him in his nice warm eye clinic located in Burnsville, where he has been seeing and treating patients since 2010.
It’s always a good idea to schedule an annual eye checkup, even if you don’t think there is anything wrong with your eyes. Most of the time, there’s nothing to be concerned about, perhaps a slight change in your contact lens or eyeglasses prescription.
Here are 5 reasons to have an eye exam:
1. Your vision changes as you age. Having the best vision helps you perform at your best at work, in school and in sports. A slight correction of your prescription can help avoid eye strain or mild headaches.
2. Eye exams can detect serious medical conditions. Early onset of diabetes, brain tumors and high blood pressure can be discovered during a routine comprehensive eye exam.
3. Corrected vision allows better learning. Having a child at school who has difficulty reading at a distance or reading up close will contribute to learning challenges. It’s quite easily fixed by a trip to see Dr. Reinders at his Burnsville eye clinic.
4. Eye diseases may not have any symptoms. Glaucoma, for example, develops so gradually that it is barely noticeable. There is no sudden pain or any reason to think there is an issue with your eyes. That’s when it pays to see a professional optometrist who is skilled at providing a comprehensive eye exam.
5. Eyeglass styles have certainly evolved over the years. Thinking of getting a new pair of eyeglasses or prescription sunglasses? We have you covered.
Talking of sunglasses, with the amount of snow on the ground during our winters, there is a high amount of glare. A good pair of sunglasses will help you drive and see better while there is a lot of snow on the ground.
Thank you for supporting the Polar Plunge of Prior Lake this year!
From Dr. Steve Reinders and the staff at Complete Family Eyecare.
13971 W. Preserve Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337